Fruited Chicken Spinach Salad Recipe
This is my favortie luncheon salad for summertime. It's cool, colorful and always brings compliments to the chef. I like to serve it with a crusty loaf of French bread and tall glasses of iced tea—very refreshing!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1. Combine first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, combine spinach, mandarin oranges, strawberries and chicken in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss lightly. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Spinach Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC