- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Combine first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, combine spinach, mandarin oranges, strawberries and chicken in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss lightly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Chicken Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1993, p51
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review