This is my favortie luncheon salad for summertime. It's cool, colorful and always brings compliments to the chef. I like to serve it with a crusty loaf of French bread and tall glasses of iced tea—very refreshing!
Recommended: 45 Super Foods for Your Brain
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 10 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- Combine first six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Chill for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, combine spinach, mandarin oranges, strawberries and chicken in a large salad bowl. Pour dressing over and toss lightly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Chicken Salad in Reminisce Extra June 1993, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review