Fruited Chicken Salad Recipe
Grapes, mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks add fruity goodness and color to this hearty main-dish salad. It's perfect for a large luncheon.—Marion L. Baker, Sun Lakes, Arizona
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups green grape halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 4 cups Miracle Whip
- 7 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and the next six ingredients. Combine the Miracle Whip, concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- 2. Chill for several hours or overnight. Add almonds just before serving. Yield: 40-50 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC