Fruited Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups green grape halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 4 cups Miracle Whip
- 7 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and the next six ingredients. Combine the Miracle Whip, concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- 2. Chill for several hours or overnight. Add almonds just before serving. Yield: 40-50 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Salad
"Great refreshing salad. 30 ladies loved it. Can't get better than that"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.