Grapes, mandarin oranges and pineapple chunks add fruity goodness and color to this hearty main-dish salad. It's perfect for a large luncheon.—Marion L. Baker, Sun Lakes, Arizona
Recommended: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups green grape halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 4 cups Miracle Whip
- 7 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and the next six ingredients. Combine the Miracle Whip, concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight. Add almonds just before serving. Yield: 40-50 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review