- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks
- 20 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 8 cups green grape halves
- 4 cups sliced celery
- 4 cans (15 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 4 cups Miracle Whip
- 7 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 to 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Combine pineapple and the next six ingredients. Combine the Miracle Whip, concentrate, salt, pepper and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; toss with chicken mixture.
- Chill for several hours or overnight. Add almonds just before serving. Yield: 40-50 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Chicken Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p54
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
"Great refreshing salad. 30 ladies loved it. Can't get better than that"