Fruited Chicken Curry
The curry lovers in your house will certainly take to this juicy chicken that's served over a bed of hot rice. Dried fruits and toasted almonds make it a wonderful change-of-pace entree for any occasion.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (such as apples, apricots and plums)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, brown the chicken in butter on each side; remove
- and keep warm. In the drippings, cook the onion, curry, salt and
- pepper until onion is tender. Stir in the fruit, water, sugar and
- lemon juice.
- Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°.
- Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium,