Fruited Chicken Curry Recipe
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (such as apples, apricots and plums)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken in butter on each side; remove and keep warm. In the drippings, cook the onion, curry, salt and pepper until onion is tender. Stir in the fruit, water, sugar and lemon juice.
- 2. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 234 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Curry
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.