Fruited Chicken Curry Recipe
The curry lovers in your house will certainly take to this juicy chicken that's served over a bed of hot rice. Dried fruits and toasted almonds make it a wonderful change-of-pace entree for any occasion.
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dried mixed fruit (such as apples, apricots and plums)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large skillet, brown the chicken in butter on each side; remove and keep warm. In the drippings, cook the onion, curry, salt and pepper until onion is tender. Stir in the fruit, water, sugar and lemon juice.
- 2. Return chicken to pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°. Serve with rice; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 234 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken Curry
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC