Fruited Chicken Recipe
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Hot cooked rice
- Place onion and chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, orange peel and garlic; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with apricots and cranberries. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruited Chicken(5)
Sort By :
Delicious! I browned the chicken in some butter before placing it in the crock pot, but other than that I would not change a thing.
Horrible! I'm sorry to say. Very disappointed. Ingredients sounded like a flavorful dish, but I took one taste and the sauce was not good. Lost $$ as well since the apricots and cranberries cost a lot. First dud from taste of home.
The apricots and cranberries went quite well with the chicken! The dish wasn't TOO fruity, but the unique flavors made the dish a pleasant delight.
Served it to company and they enjoyed it as much as I did...I thought it would have more of a citrus taste, but still very good...
The combination of flavors was strange. Did not taste very good. I definitely would not make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Dried Cranberry Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >