Fruited Carrot Salad
Full of fruity sweetness, this fresh-tasting salad tosses together grated carrots with mandarin oranges, apple celery and raisins- all coated with tangy lemon yogurt. Field editor Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi shared this fun side dish.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons lemon yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the oranges, carrots, apple, celery and
- raisins. Add yogurt; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
- chilled. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 112 calories, 0 fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 34 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable.