Fruited Cabbage Potluck Salad Recipe
This refreshing salad is always a hit when I take it to picnics, family get-togethers and church supper.—Rita Rial, Rochester, New Hampshire
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium tangerines, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1. In a large bowl, layer the cabbage, bananas and tangerines. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Place pineapple over tangerines.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; drizzle over salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 80 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 24 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC