- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium tangerines, peeled, sectioned and seeded
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, layer the cabbage, bananas and tangerines. Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Place pineapple over tangerines.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and reserved pineapple juice until smooth; drizzle over salad. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss just before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Cabbage Salad in The Best of Country Cooking Annual 2005, p78
Reviews for Fruited Cabbage Potluck Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 11, 2012
"Next time Ill double the mayo and pineapple juice sauce but other than that it was delicious. Interesting variety of fruit mixed with the cabbage makes this a unique salad. Would be good for potlucks."