Fruited Broccoli Salad Recipe
“My husband is not usually a salad eater,” Jad Monson explains from Spooner, Wisconsin. “When I developed this sweet dressing and salad for him, he loved it and so have many others at church dinners, picnics and family gatherings.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, broccoli, celery, grapes, almonds and chives.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved juice. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 294 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 136 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC