Fruited Broccoli Salad Recipe
“My husband is not usually a salad eater,” Jad Monson explains from Spooner, Wisconsin. “When I developed this sweet dressing and salad for him, he loved it and so have many others at church dinners, picnics and family gatherings.”
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 1 large bunch)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, broccoli, celery, grapes, almonds and chives.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and reserved juice. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Fruited Broccoli Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p57
Reviews for Fruited Broccoli Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review