Fruitcake Trifle Recipe
The scrumptious, satiny custard is layered between apricot and date studded cake to create a divine seasonal trifle.—
- 1 Apricot Fruitcake, cubed
- 1/2 cup apricot brandy
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- WHIPPED CREAM:
- 2-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional toasted chopped pecans
- 1. Place cake cubes in a large bowl. Drizzle with brandy; toss to coat.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually stir in cream until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in butter, vanilla and cinnamon. Cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the preserves and pecans; set aside. For whipped cream, in a large bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4. In a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, custard, pecan mixture and whipped cream. Repeat twice. Garnish with additional pecans. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Fruitcake Trifle
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC