These great cookies will be the favorite of the holiday season. Family and guests will be requesting the recipe.Lana Rulevish, Ashley, Illinois
36 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 3/4 cup halved green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour melted butter in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle
- evenly with wafer crumbs. Arrange cherries, pineapple, dates and
- pecans evenly over the crumbs; press down gently. Combine milk and
- vanilla; pour over fruit. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield:
- about 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 80 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.