- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 120 wafers)
- 3/4 cup halved green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup halved red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pour melted butter in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with wafer crumbs. Arrange cherries, pineapple, dates and pecans evenly over the crumbs; press down gently. Combine milk and vanilla; pour over fruit. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Fruitcake Squares in Country Woman November/December 1992, p35
Reviews for Fruitcake Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review