Fruitcake Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup pecan halves, divided
- 3/4 cup red candied cherries, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, ginger and nutmeg
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; set aside. Chop 1/2 cup pecans; set remaining pecan halves aside. Chop 1/2 cup cherries; halve remaining cherries and set aside. Combine the dates, pineapple and chopped pecans and cherries; sprinkle over crust.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, corn syrup, cloves, ginger and nutmeg. Pour over fruit mixture. Top with the reserved pecan and cherry halves.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruitcake Pie in Country Extra January 2009, p49
Reviews for Fruitcake Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review