Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, dates, cherries and pineapple.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
2 each: 168 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Fruitcake Cookies
"These cookies taste great and I will definitely make them again. Omitting the coconut and substituting raisins worked really well. The only thing I will do differently next time is to chill the dough for a few hours before baking, because the cookies spread out way too much and were flat with overly browned edges."
"Delicious. The only thing I did different was omit the coconut and use 1 cup raisins. Husband loved them also."