Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
Dorcas Wright of Guelph, Ontario says her old-fashioned goodies are "fun, colorful and chewy without being sticky".
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, dates, cherries and pineapple.
- 2. Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 168 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 109 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC