Fruitcake Cookies Recipe
For folks who like their fruitcake in small doses, this is the mouthwatering answer. I always have plenty packed away in the freezer to replenish my yuletide supply.Bonnie Milner, De Ridder, Louisiana
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 8 ounces candied cherries, halved
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 8 dozen.
Originally published as Fruitcake Cookies in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1998, p31
Reviews for Fruitcake Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
Just made these cookies they are a hit with my fruitcake lovers