Since I've enjoyed cooking almost my entire lifeI've been doing it since I was old enough to be able toI should have known the way my husband and I would meet. I was working at our local county fair (when I retired 2 years ago, I was its executive director)...and Mehrle and his dad were putting up a dining room on the grounds one day!
This recipe's one people always ask for. They t
48 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups chopped pecans (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied cherries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied pineapple (about 1/2 pound)
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs, raisins, cherries
- and pineapple. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, milk and
- butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour over pecan mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll
- in the coconut. Yield: 7-8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 196 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.