- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup each chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- In a bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and oats; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the coconut, dates, cherries and pineapple.
- Shape into 1-in. balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
Originally published as Fruitcake Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p13
Reviews for Fruitcake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2010
Delicious. The only thing I did different was omit the coconut and use 1 cup raisins. Husband loved them also.