Fruitcake Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups All-Bran
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped red and green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped citron
- In a bowl, combine the bran, milk and oil; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and bran mixture. Fold in the cherries, pineapple and citron. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fruitcake Bran Muffins in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p21
Reviews for Fruitcake Bran Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review