Fruitcake Bars Recipe
"This recipe has been a family favorite for years," tells Terry Mercede of Danbury, Connecticut. "People who declare they won't eat fruitcake love these bars! They're so easy to make...and they're colorful, too - chock-full of candied pineapple and red and green cherries."
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped candied pineapple
- 1-3/4 cups red and green candied cherries, halved
- 2 cups pitted dates, halved
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in vanilla. Add flour and walnuts; mix well. Spread evenly into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pineapple, cherries and dates; press lightly into dough.
- 2. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 8 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Fruitcake Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC