Fruit with Yogurt Sauce Recipe
"This citrus and spice sauce for fresh fruit is such a success that I had to share the recipe," remarks Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It's terrific alongside fruit kabobs or tossed into a medley.
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1. Place the water and raisins in a small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger, allspice and cardamom. Drain raisins; stir into yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Toss bananas in lemon juice. Alternately thread fruit on wooden skewers or place in a serving bowl. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
2 tablespoon: 170 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Fruit with Yogurt Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC