Fruit with Yogurt Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 4 large firm bananas, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups seeded cubed watermelon
- 1. Place the water and raisins in a small bowl; let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, ginger, allspice and cardamom. Drain raisins; stir into yogurt mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Toss bananas in lemon juice. Alternately thread fruit on wooden skewers or place in a serving bowl. Serve with yogurt sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 170 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 starch.