Eating light is easy with scrumptious recipes like this pretty and fruity cake, says Elizabeth Kinn of Derby, New York.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free peach yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine yogurt and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until combined. In a bowl, beat egg substitute on medium speed for 2 minutes; fold into batter. Pour into a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange peach slices around the edge of pan. Sprinkle with berries. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean and peaches are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Volcano Cake in Taste of Home April/May 2000, p17
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Fruit Volcano Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review