Fruit-Topped Pork Chops and Rice Recipe
“This is a quick and delicious meal I often serve to guests,” says Priscilla Gilbert of Indian Harbour Beach, Florida. Dried fruit adds a special touch to the dish. Served with a fast rice mix, dinner will be on the table before you know it!
- 4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 1 package (7 ounces) dried fruit bits
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) Minute® Ready to Serve White Rice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, cook chops in 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145 °. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute shallots in remaining oil for 1 minute. Add fruit and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Top pork chops with fruit mixture.
- Meanwhile, microwave rice according to package directions. Divide rice among serving plates; dot with butter and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with pork chops and fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Topped Pork Chops and Rice in Simple & Delicious January/February 2008, p28
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Fruit-Topped Pork Chops and Rice(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review