Years of trying different pancake recipes hasn't changed my opinion that this classic one is best. A generous dollop of warm fruit on top makes the meal truly special.
Recommended: Top 10 Breakfast Recipes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine raspberries, bananas, pineapple and brown sugar; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until heated through. Set aside and keep warm. For pancakes, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with warm fruit topping. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen pancakes (2-1/2 cups topping).
Originally published as Fruit-Topped Buttermilk Pancakes in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p13
Reviews for Fruit-Topped Buttermilk Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review