- 9 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Pureed raspberries or strawberries
- Whipped cream, optional
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add flour, cornstarch and salt; stir until smooth. Stir in milk.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet; pour 1/3 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Keep in a warm oven, covered with foil. Repeat with remaining batter.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's' sugar until smooth. Place about 2 tablespoons in the center of each blintz; overlap sides and ends on top of filling. Place folded side down. Top with pureed berries; garnish with whipped cream and fresh berries if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Fruit-Topped Blintzes
Sort By :
This is one of my children favorite meals... I lost my old T of H magazine where I have this recipe and I thankful I can find it here.
CAUTION: Recipe needs to be re-written correctly. Ingredients for batter are listed under FILLING and the filling ingredients are together with topping. Otherwise delicious.
Made 1/2 of the recipe, using 4 eggs. Tasty and very filling.