Fruit-Topped Almond Cream Recipe
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups assorted fruit (strawberries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat on low speed for 2 minutes; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream and extract until stiff peaks form. Fold into pudding. Spoon into a shallow 2-qt. serving dish. Chill. Top with fruit just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 222 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fruit-Topped Almond Cream
"Thank you, Donna, for this recipe! It has everything - it's simple and easy, it can be done ahead of time, it's perfect for a hot summer night, it tastes great, and the fruit topping is so colorful and appealing! My son generally forgoes dessert, but his eyes popped out when he saw this."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.