Fruit-Topped Almond Cream
Fruit-Topped Almond Cream is a light and refreshing dessert. The recipe comes from Donna Friedrich of Fishkill, New York. "It's delicious with berries, but it can be made all year using whatever fruit is available," Donna informs.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups assorted fruit (strawberries, grapes, raspberries, blueberries, mandarin oranges)
- In a large bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Beat on low speed for
- 2 minutes; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream and extract until stiff peaks form. Fold
- into pudding. Spoon into a shallow 2-qt. serving dish. Chill. Top
- with fruit just before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 222 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.