Fruit Tart Recipe
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) reduced-sugar pears, drained and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Coat a 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom with cooking spray; set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and 1/2 cup sugar for 2 minutes or until crumbly. Beat in flour and nuts. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of prepared pan.
- 2. In another small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth; spread over crust. Arrange pears over cream cheese layer. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over pears.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set and a thermometer reads 160°.
- 4. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 204 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 2 fat
Reviews for Fruit Tart
"This is one of my favorite Taste of Home recipes. It's easy to make and delicious - a perfect way to end a nice dinner."