Fruit-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
"This moist flavorful roast, with its fruit filling and tangy glaze, has become a tradition at our family events," reports Theresa McIlveen of Turner Valley, Alberta. "It's not tricky to prepare and is so impressive on the table."
- 3/4 cup diced pitted dried plums
- 3/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the plums, apricots, ginger, 3/4 teaspoon cumin, orange peel, cinnamon, salt and pepper; set aside. Untie roast and separate pieces. Spoon fruit mixture onto one piece. Top with the second piece; retie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cornstarch, mustard, vinegar and remaining cumin until smooth; rub over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a thermometer in the pork reads 145°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Stuffed Pork Roast in Country Woman January/February 2001, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruit-Stuffed Pork Roast(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review