Fruit-Stuffed Crown Roast Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups red currant jelly
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur or juice
- 1 pork crown rib roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 6 cups unseasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) apricot halves, drained and quartered
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat jelly and orange liqueur over low heat until jelly is melted; brush over roast. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours.
- 2. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a large bowl; add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 3. Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 1 hour longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160° in meat and stuffing.
- 4. Transfer to a serving platter; let stand for 10-15 minutes. Discard foil. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 441 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 379mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein .
Reviews for Fruit-Stuffed Crown Roast
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer