I created this recipe to serve at the wedding dinner for the pastor of our church. After experimenting with a lot of chicken dishes, I finally hit on a winner. The bride and groom were pleased.
-Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
2 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the apricots,
- cranberries and plums; place half on each chicken breast. Roll up
- tightly; secure with toothpicks Place seam side down in a greased
- 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine preserves and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 5
- minutes over medium heat; pour half over the chicken. Keep the
- remaining sauce warm.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until
- juices run clear. Serve with warm sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.