Fruit-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
I created this recipe to serve at the wedding dinner for the pastor of our church. After experimenting with a lot of chicken dishes, I finally hit on a winner. The bride and groom were pleased. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 3 tablespoons chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pitted dried plums
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Combine the apricots, cranberries and plums; place half on each chicken breast. Roll up tightly; secure with toothpicks Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine preserves and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 5 minutes over medium heat; pour half over the chicken. Keep the remaining sauce warm.
- Bake the chicken, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve with warm sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Stuffed Chicken in Reminisce Extra December 2002, p52
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fruit-Stuffed Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >