Holiday meals are even more festive when I serve colorful acorn squash with a fruity filling tucked inside each half. This recipe combines the delightful flavor of winter squash with the season's finest apples and cranberries. -Peggy West, Georgetown, Delaware
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped tart apples
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Cut squash in half; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Add 1 in. of hot water to the pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Drain water from pan; turn squash cut side up. Sprinkle with salt. Combine the remaining ingredients; spoon into squash. Bake 40-50 minutes longer or until squash is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fruit-Stuffed Acorn Squash in Taste of Home October/November 2002, p41
Reviews for Fruit-Stuffed Acorn Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review