I came up with this six-ingredient recipe when experimenting in the kitchen one day. The smoothies are refreshing and make a wholesome, nutrition-packed snack. They're also a great way to get going in the morning.—Bryce Sickich, New Port Richey, Florida
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 small ripe banana, halved
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 7 to 10 ice cubes
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 97 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1-1/2 fruit.