Assembled and frozen ahead, this refreshing mix can feature fruits in season and it looks so pretty served in glass berry bowls or parfait glasses.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, undiluted
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- Dissolve sugar in boiling water. Add orange juice concentrate,
- bananas and pineapple, stirring until orange juice is dissolved.
- Stir in soda; pour into a large container or several small
- containers and freeze. Thaw approximately 1 hour or until slushy
- before serving. Variation: Add fresh sliced peaches or seedless
- grapes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 330 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 84 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.