Fruit Skewers with Lactose-Free Dip
Make a balmy summer day special with these cute kabobs from our Test Kitchen. They're served with a creamy, dairy-free dip. Have fun and try other fresh fruit combinations, too.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons nondairy imitation cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nondairy imitation sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon seedless raspberry jam
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth.
- Add lime juice, honey and jam; mix well. On two metal or wooden
- skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, pineapple and grapes.
- Serve with dip. Yield: 2 skewers (1/4 cup dip).
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer with 2 tablespoons dip equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.