Fruit Skewers with Lactose-Free Dip Recipe
- 2 tablespoons nondairy imitation cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons nondairy imitation sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon seedless raspberry jam
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add lime juice, honey and jam; mix well. On two metal or wooden skewers, alternately thread the strawberries, pineapple and grapes. Serve with dip. Yield: 2 skewers (1/4 cup dip).
1 skewer with 2 tablespoons dip equals 132 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1 fat.