Fruit Skewers with Ginger Dip Recipe
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 cups fresh or canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 large red apples, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. For dip, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Beat in the lime juice, honey and ginger until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On eight 12-in. skewers, alternately thread the grapes, pineapple and apples. Serve immediately with dip. Yield: 8 skewers (1-1/2 cups dip).
1 skewer with 3 tablespoons dip equals 180 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 104 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.