Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 large mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, kiwi, nuts, brown sugar, coconut and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. For chips, lightly brush one side of each tortilla with water. Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over the moistened side of tortillas. Cut each into six wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks. Serve with salsa. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (1/4 cup salsa with 4 chips) equals 190 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips
"The chips were good."
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.