Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips Recipe
Pineapple, mango and kiwifruit give Christy Johnson's fruit salsa a tropical twist. "This combination of fruity salsa and crisp gingery chips is wonderful on a hot day," she writes from Columbus, Ohio. "I like to serve this with pineapple iced tea, which I make by simply adding some of the drained pineapple juice from this recipe to a pitcher of tea."
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 large mango or 2 medium peaches, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons flaked coconut
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, mango, kiwi, nuts, brown sugar, coconut and reserved juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- For chips, lightly brush one side of each tortilla with water. Combine sugar and ginger; sprinkle over the moistened side of tortillas. Cut each into six wedges. Place in a single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Cool on wire racks. Serve with salsa. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fruit Salsa with Ginger Chips(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Fruit Salsa Recipe >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Macadamia Recipes >
- Mango Salsa Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Salsa Recipes >
- Mexican Vegetarian Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >