Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and well drained
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons peach or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill for 20 minutes or until serving.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cut each tortilla in half; cut each half into 10 strips. Fry strips, a few at a time, until light golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over strips and toss to coat. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 cups salsa and 16 dozen tortilla strips.
1/4 cup salsa with 8 chips: 166 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
"Delicious! I didn't have preserves on hand, so I used homemade strawberry jam. It's totally addictive!!"