If you are serious about getting your fruit servings in, this is a fun way to do it. The bright red fruit salsa is addictive. It is best eaten the day it is made. —Nancy Leavitt, Logandale, Nevada
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, finely chopped
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed and well drained
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons peach or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- CINNAMON TORTILLA CHIPS:
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 10 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cover and chill for 20 minutes or until serving.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Cut each tortilla in half; cut each half into 10 strips. Fry strips, a few at a time, until light golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over strips and toss to coat. Serve with salsa. Yield: 6 cups salsa and 16 dozen tortilla strips.
Originally published as Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips in Best of Summer 2012 2012
Reviews for Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review