- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- CINNAMON CHIPS:
- 10 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For chips, brush tortillas with butter; cut each into eight wedges. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over tortillas. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or just until crisp. Serve with fruit salsa. Yield: 2-1/2 cups salsa (80 chips).
Reviews for Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
"Easy to change around the fruit. This is always a hit"
"A big hit even with small children. I had to change the fruit because of strawberry and orange allergies in my family. I used blueberries, kiwi, pears, apples, blackberries, and raspberries. Cut up in teeny tiny pieces. I would bake the tortillas slices a little longer because mine came out a little on the chewy side. I would prefer crispy. But overall, it was delicious and fun! I will make it again."
"Made this exactly as the recipe called for and the combination of fruits was really nice together. Simple to make and a nice refreshing salsa. The cinnamon chips worked great with this but would work with a lot of other sweet spreads as well."
"I've made this quite a few times and always share the recipe. It's always a hit. I change the amount of the fruits based on availability. AND I often use corn tortillas for those with flour issues. It is a snack all the kids and grandkids enjoy."
"Definitely a favourite snack. Can't leave it alone."