Florence Buchkowsky serves this fruity salsa anywhere she'd use ordinary salsa. "My son and I experimented with different ingredients to find the combination we liked best," relates the Prince Albert, Saskatchewan cook. "Using the slow cooker minimizes prep time and maximizes the flavor."
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) sliced peaches, undrained
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Tortilla chips
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine cornstarch and vinegar until smooth. Stir in the fruits, onion, peppers and garlic.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or until thickened and heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Fruit Salsa in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p45
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Fruit Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review