Fruit Salad with Vanilla
Peach pie filling is the secret ingredient in this crowd-pleasing salad. Make it throughout the year using whatever fruits are in season.Nancy Dodson, Springfield, Illinois
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red and/or green grapes, halved
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and
- pineapple. Fold in pie filling and vanilla. Chill until serving.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.