Fruit Salad with Vanilla Recipe
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1-1/2 cups seedless red and/or green grapes, halved
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple. Fold in pie filling and vanilla. Chill until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 126 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 fruit.
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Vanilla
"Love, Love, Love!!! Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. I used fresh pineapple, not canned. I didn't add the banana until a little bit before serving. This was sooooo good. Had the leftovers for brunch the next morning."
"Made this salad for Easter brunch and it was absolutely delicious. Added blueberries and blackberries. Any combination of fruit works. This is a keeper."
"I tried this fruit salad recipe as I am getting tired of my old standby recipe and this received rave reviews from my family. Very simple to make and it tasted great! I will definitely keep this recipe!"
"This salad was amazing! I took it to a party where my sweetie proceeded to eat half of of it (fortunately it was a small party). Not having pie filling on hand, I used canned peaches in heavy syrup; also, I used canned pineapple, adding half the juice (I put the other half into the mulled cider I made)."
"Fresh strawberries being SO out of season, I used a thawed bag of mixed berries instead. I did not drain the juice off, I added it right in! Not only did it add to the flavor, but it turned things a very pretty shade of pink! Will definately make this again!"