My family requests thy yummy fruit salad every Easter. The slightly sweet poppy seed dressing served on the side really makes it special. —Joni Kingsley, Redlands, California
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Floral Ice Bowl
- Lettuce or lemon leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Just before serving, combine the fruits. Serve with poppy seed dressing in an ice bowl lined with lettuce or lemon leaves if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p156
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review