- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Floral Ice Bowl
- Lettuce or lemon leaves, optional
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- Just before serving, combine the fruits. Serve with poppy seed dressing in an ice bowl lined with lettuce or lemon leaves if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"Went to potluck people raved over it!"
"gramahelen,Salt measurement is obviously a typo as it states 3/4 cup teaspoon salt. I would remove the "cup" and leave the teaspoon measurement.I look forward to making this. Thanks for the recipe."
"I had something like this in a restaurant in Landrum SC and have been looking for a recipe. PLEASE verify your ingredients! Equal amounts of oil and salt? Yuck!"
"In the recipe that I used from one of the TOH holiday Cookbooks it gave the option of red wine vinegar or cider vinegar. I used the red wine vinegar like this recipe calls for. This makes a lot of dressing, which is very good, so you probably will not want to just pour the whole amount on the fruit. I also added kiwi and blackberries to the fruit mix. The two additional colors were a great addition.I served this at a shower and had several requests for the recipe. I will definitely make again."