Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
My family requests thy yummy fruit salad every Easter. The slightly sweet poppy seed dressing served on the side really makes it special. —Joni Kingsley, Redlands, California
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Floral Ice Bowl
- Lettuce or lemon leaves, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the fruits. Serve with poppy seed dressing in an ice bowl lined with lettuce or lemon leaves if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8,498 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC