Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing Recipe
- POPPY SEED DRESSING:
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 cup teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 cups pineapple chunks
- 2 cups green grapes
- 2 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Floral Ice Bowl
- Lettuce or lemon leaves, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds.
- 2. Just before serving, combine the fruits. Serve with poppy seed dressing in an ice bowl lined with lettuce or lemon leaves if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 8498mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Fruit Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
"Went to potluck people raved over it!"
"gramahelen,Salt measurement is obviously a typo as it states 3/4 cup teaspoon salt. I would remove the "cup" and leave the teaspoon measurement.I look forward to making this. Thanks for the recipe."
"I had something like this in a restaurant in Landrum SC and have been looking for a recipe. PLEASE verify your ingredients! Equal amounts of oil and salt? Yuck!"
"In the recipe that I used from one of the TOH Holiday Cookbooks it gave the option of red wine vinegar or cider vinegar. I used the red wine vinegar like this recipe calls for. This makes a lot of dressing, which is very good, so you probably will not want to just pour the whole amount on the fruit. I also added kiwi and blackberries to the fruit mix. The two additional colors were a great addition.I served this at a shower and had several requests for the recipe. I will definitely make again."