Fruit Salad with O.J. Reduction Recipe
This fruit fusion is best prepared an hour or 2 before you are ready to serve. Its brilliant colors and beautiful arrangement bring on the wows. —Roger Eberlin, baltimore, Maryland
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 1 medium green apple, cubed
- 2 medium peaches, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. Place the apples, peaches and lemon juice in a large bowl. Cover with water; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Drain apple mixture. Add the oranges, blueberries and orange juice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC