- 2 medium red apples, cubed
- 1 medium green apple, cubed
- 2 medium peaches, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Place the apples, peaches and lemon juice in a large bowl. Cover with water; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine orange juice and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup. Drain apple mixture. Add the oranges, blueberries and orange juice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Fruit Salad with O.J. Reduction
"I used this at a big family brunch. You can double and triple the recipe without a problem and we ran out because people wanted seconds and even thirds. A huge success!"
"Simple, delicious, and the fruits stay fresh looking. Excellent recipe. I let the sauce cool for a bit before adding, but I don't know whether it makes a difference. :)"
"This is a great way to get my toddler to eat her fruit without giving her all kinds of extra sugar. She loves Blueberries!"
"i made this recently for a baby shower with a group of close girlfriends...it was a huge hit...everyone asked for the recipe! i let the juice cool before putting it on the fruit and then refrigerated for 1.5-2 hours...it was delicious!"
"Do you cool the orange juice and sugar mixture before putting it on the fruit?"