Fruit Salad with Marshmallows
One year I was asked to bring a fruit salad to a family Christmas dinner. I found several fruit salad recipes, but none seemed really special for the holidays. I devised this recipe and everyone loved it. After that, I became the "official fruit salad person" for all family get-togethers.
12-16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1-1/2 cups halved red seedless grapes
- 1-1/2 cups halved green grapes
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, halved, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Just before
- serving, add sour cream and toss to coat. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1/2-cup serving (prepared with nonfat sour cream) equals 149 calories, 18 gm sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 33 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 3 gm fat, 1 gm fiber. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.